Greenville Federal Credit Union Thanks and Giving Grants
Greenville Federal Credit Union has established the Thanks and Giving Grants (T&GG) as part of its 50th Anniversary Celebration in 2018. The purpose of the T&GG is to identify and provide initial funding support for community based programs that promote youth, education, community and economic assistance or relief in local areas across Greenville County. The initiative will award five grants of $10,000 each to non-profit organizations committed to developing and implementing programs designed to improve local prosperity in communities within Greenville County.
Eligibility and Program Criteria:
Applicants must be located in and do their work within Greenville County. Successful proposals for projects funded by a T&GG should be able to clearly demonstrate how the implementation of their proposed initiative will benefit and support education, improve child welfare, increase community and economic assistance or relief in the local community.
It is the expectation of this initiative that these grants will be awarded to new projects within a community. All projects should be implemented within 12 months of receiving T&GG funding. Only one project per organization will be considered. Considerations will be made for 501C3 organizations and not for projects proposing re-grants of funds given.
A panel representing Greenville Federal Credit Union will review applications and select the five recipients based on a set of criteria established by the T&GG committee.
Among the elements the committee will consider are:
- Impact – What is the outcome of the project and how will it create prosperity within the local community? What will be measured to show success and what will the measurements of a successful project be? Whom will it benefit? What does the project seek to do?
- Need – Geography and economy will be taken into account when considering the award of funds. Will this project address a long-term community need or a crisis, an emerging need or provide a new approach to a community need? Is this community in a position where they could fund this initiative without this grant? Is this a community that has typically struggled to increase local prosperity?
- Ability to Implement – How elaborate is the project or idea? Are there local champions? Does the organization have the capacity (staff, volunteers, partners, and time) to implement the project? How does the organization plan to implement it? Is this primarily a volunteer effort or is it driven by an organization with dedicated staff?
- Sustainability – How long will the project last? If it is a long-term project what is the strategy keeping it operational? If the project is a physical project will it need to be maintained and if so by whom? If it is an event or festival, is there a plan to continue beyond the one year of the grant funding? It is important for the project to have some permanence and be renewable.
- Availability of Additional Funding – If the overall project budget exceeds the amount of T&GG funding, what are the plans for generating additional funding support?
- Ability to be Replicated – Is this a project that can be replicated in concept by other communities across Greenville County?
- Efficiency – The project will be implementable within 12 months and will use funds efficiently and effectively.
Application Process and Package:
Interested parties should designate an agent who is familiar with the project to correspond with the T&GG committee during the application process.
Initial Interest: Due April 30, 2018
Organizations interested in applying for a Greenville Federal Credit Union 2018 Thanks and Giving Grant are asked to complete the brief Initial Interest form by April 30, 2018. Applications will still be accepted if the initial intent form is not completed, but completing the non-binding interest form is appreciated to help us gauge the number of applications to expect.
Call for Applications: Due September 15, 2018
Call for Applications will begin after April 30, 2018. Click here to begin your application. The deadline for completed applications is September 15, 2018. Finalists will be asked to present a brief summary of their project before grant recipients are announced at the Greenville Federal Credit Union 50th Anniversary Celebration November 16, 2018.
The following items will be requested within the full application:
- Timeline and task list for implementation
- Letters of support from partners
- Brief bios of those that will oversee project
- Project budget