Greenville Federal Credit Union is actively recruiting for a Vice President of Business Lending. This position reports directly to the COO. The qualified candidate will be responsible for developing the Business Loan and Deposit portfolios by identifying, analyzing, and pursuing new business opportunities; implementing new products and services; establishing business relationships with the owners/managers of local businesses; promoting GFCU products and services and ensuring quality service.
Additionally, the qualified candidate will be responsible for interviewing applicants, analyzing financial statements and tax returns, to determine feasibility of granting loans and approving or denying loans within established limits; submitting packages to the CUSO for underwriting and making appropriate recommendations to the Credit Committee for loan decisions; continually monitoring the characteristics of borrowers and assessing delinquency trends; and, recommending action on delinquent and defaulted loans.
The development of short-term and long-term strategic plans for the commercial function will also be an important responsibility of this incumbent as well as the establishment of goals to ensure consistency with the overall corporate strategic plan.
The required qualifications are:
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business or related field of study; or equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
• Minimum of 5 years of similar or related experience in the Commercial Lending/Business Banking or related field.
• Knowledge of business financial analysis, credit analysis, and underwriting.
• Advanced knowledge of federal and state laws and regulations governing Business and Consumer lending practices as well as collection practices.
• Business development skills and relationship management abilities.
• SAFE Act registry/eligibility.
• The employee must be able to work a flexible schedule to include occasional weekends and after hours as necessary.
Note: The responsibilities and qualifications listed are not intended, and should not be construed to be exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the position. They are intended to be accurate reflections of those principal job elements essential for making decisions pertaining to recruitment.
Resumes should be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org, or submitted using our online form. No phone calls please. EOE
Wed, December 11, 2030
by Catherine James