Online and Mobile Banking Platform
Introducing our New Online and Mobile Banking Platform
The credit union's new and improved Online and Mobile Banking platform delivers a consistent look across all devices and provides clean simplified tools to manage all of your accounts. The new platform offers many options for customizing how you view your accounts.
Through Online and Mobile Banking you'll enjoy the ability to:
- Organize your accounts consistently across all devices
- Personalize your home screen layout in our Mobile App
- Connect and view accounts at other financial institutions
- Send messages to us directly from your account login with online chat support
- Better protect your accounts with enhanced security via two-factor authentication
- Use fingerprint authentication, FaceID, or a 4-digit passcode to quickly, securely access the app. (Bio-metric access is available on devices that allow bio-metric screening.)
- Use popular features like Online Bill Pay, Mobile Check Deposit, eStatements, and more
How to Access
The new Online and Mobile Banking platform will be accessible on Monday, March 2. Login for Online Banking will be on the home page of our website. The new Greenville FCU Banking app will be available for download from App Store and Google Play. Follow the prompts to install the app.
- Mobile App Tip: Delete the old mobile banking app from your phone before installing the new app.
- Online Banking Tip: If you are a frequent desktop computer user, you should know that Internet Explorer has been replaced by Microsoft Edge and no longer supports the minimum security measures required to keep your data safe. To ensure the best experience possible on desktops, update to the latest version of one of these browsers: Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge, or Safari and clear your cache/history.
The first time you log in to either version you will need to enroll as a first-time user and follow the prompts to set up your new credentials.
During your first login, you will be asked to secure your account by entering the phone number and email address tied to your account. If you log in on a mobile device you'll also be asked to choose a 4-digit passcode.