Online Access through NetBranch
Enroll for free 24/7 hour account online access to your Greenville Federal Credit Union Accounts. Here are some of the activities you can manage online:
- Check account balances and transaction history
- Perform account transfers
- Reorder checks
- View copies of checks
- Make credit union Visa credit card payments
- Make credit union mortgage payments
- Schedule automatic transfers between accounts or for loan payments
- Access a variety of financial calculators
- Submit loan applications
- Download account history
Follow these steps to enroll in Netbranch:
- Visit: https://www.netbranch.app.fiserv.com/grnfcu/Default.aspx
- Click "Learn More About NetBranch And How To Enroll"
- Fill in the required fields
- Receive your NetBranch password shortly after enrollment
In an effort to cut costs and become a greener business, we have made E-Statements the preferred method of statement delivery. Enrollment in E-Statements is free. If you do not wish to enroll and prefer to receive paper statements, we will gladly provide that service for a $2 monthly fee.
The paper statement fee applies to all deposit statements. Members 18 years of age and younger, and members born before 1950 are exempt from the paper statement fee.
Follow these steps to enroll in E-Statements:
- Make sure you are enrolled in and logged onto NetBranch.
- Click the E-statements information on the left side of the page.
- You will automatically receive your statements through NetBranch at the beginning of each month (you will not receive statements through the mail after enrolling in E-statements)
- You can un-enroll by contacting a Member Service Representative at any time
- After enrolling in E-Statements, you will be automatically enrolled in E-Notices, one of the many new benefits of E-Statements. Important notification details of your credit union account will be delivered directly to your NetBranch account. Paper notifications will no longer be mailed to your physical address. Notifications will include NSF, ACH or drafts; negative overdraft for ACH or drafts; and maturity and delinquent warnings.
For your security, you will receive a general email informing you that an important notification has been posted to your account. Simply login to NetBranch and click E-Notices to view the notification. E-Notices are located under the Services in the menu to the left of the screen.
Members can also receive more notices regarding recent account activity through the E-Alert service, another new feature of E-Statements. Login to NetBranch and click on E-Alerts for more details.
Online Services Agreement